A thrilling Overnight Safari to Lake Nakuru National Park Best Known for its Thousands, sometimes Millions of Flamingos nesting along the shores. The Park has the Largest Rhinoceros Concentrations and Predators like Lion, Cheetah and Leopard
2 Days/ 1 Night Lake Nakuru Road Safari travels to the famous Lake Nakuru National Park – Kenya’s most visited Park. Located 160 Kilometers and 2½ hours from Nairobi, the park is an important Ramsar site and home to thousands of different bird species.
2 Days/ 1 Night Lake Nakuru Road Safari explores Lake Nakuru National Park – dominated by a gentle undulating terrain with open bush and woodlands, typical of the dry rift valley vegetation. Twenty seven percent (27%) of the park is composed of the Lake Nakuru waters.
Lake Nakuru National Park lies in the volcanic – strewn Great Rift Valley, one of the chain of 8 lakes, which stretch the length of Kenya, Tanzania to Ethiopia. 160 kilometers from Nairobi, you will drive through the farmlands of the Kikuyu Community and drop down the escarpment into the dramatic floor of the Rift Valley.
The lake is world famous as the location of the greatest bird spectacle on earth – myriads of fuchsia Pink flamingoes whose numbers are legion, often more than a million maybe two.
Lunch will be served at a Lodge in the Park and thereafter another game drive en-route to Nairobi arriving before dusk.
The Park was declared a Rhino Sanctuary in 1983. The Rhino stocking programme which ensued received white rhinos from South Africa. Currently the sanctuary has approximately 45 black and 31 white rhinoceros.
The lake water is highly saline but supports a habitat rich in bio diversity including a variety of aquatic flora and fauna. The lake also is inhabited by water mammals mainly hippopotamus and claw less otters while the terrestrial part of the park supports a large number of other African plain mammals. The Park is also a sanctuary of the Rothschild’s Giraffe.
Included Safari Features
* Round trip transport from Nairobi to Lake Nakuru National Park
* Finest accommodations in Lake Nakuru National Park
* Safari vehicles carry cold drinks and Mineral Water
* All applicable Game Park Entrance Fees
* All meals included while on safari
* Pre–tour itinerary document
* 2 Extensive Game drives
Excluded Safari Features
* International Airfare
* Accommodations in Nairobi
* Cost of obtaining passport and visas
* Gratuity for your professional driver guide
* Sundowner bush cocktails and bush dinner
* Christmas, New Year and Easter Supplement
* Gratuity for Porterage/ waiters at hotels, camps and airports
* Membership in Flying Doctors Society – Emergency air rescue
* Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary.